We understand that navigating a personal injury claim in North Augusta, SC, can be overwhelming, but you do not have to face it alone. Our North Augusta personal injury lawyers have 71 years of combined experience representing injured clients across South Carolina. To date, we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients – and we can help you, too.
Whether you are facing injuries, medical bills, lost income, or pain and suffering, we know how to advocate for your rights to maximize your compensation. Let us help you hold those responsible for your injuries accountable. Increase the odds of a win by calling the Augusta injury lawyers at the Hawk Law Group for help.
Table of Contents
Why Should I Hire Hawk Law Group for My Personal Injury Case in North Augusta?
The path to compensation can be long when facing a personal injury case, whether from a car accident, workplace incident, slip and fall, or other incidents. Hiring a North Augusta personal injury lawyer can help you focus on recovery while a professional fights for the best outcome in your case.
At Hawk Law Group, our award-winning North Augusta personal injury attorneys bring many decades of collective experience to each case. We have helped injured clients obtain some of the largest recoveries in the region since our founding. By turning to Hawk Law Group after your accident, we can help you by:
- Investigating your personal injury;
- Determining whether you have a viable claim;
- Collecting key evidence;
- Valuing your damages;
- Establishing negligence and liability;
- Taking witness statements;
- Hiring experts;
- Filing insurance claims;
- Negotiating settlements;
- Appearing at trial if necessary; and
- Maximizing your compensation throughout the process
You do not have to recover from injuries, financial losses, and emotional trauma alone. Schedule a free consultation with Hawk Law Group if you or a loved one have been injured in North Augusta.
What Types of Personal Injury Cases Does Hawk Law Group Handle in North Augusta?
Personal injury cases take many forms. Hawk Law Group’s North Augusta personal injury lawyers specialize in representing clients however injuries arise. We offer experienced legal counsel to victims of minor and serious accidents, from car accidents and workplace injuries to slip and falls. Here are just some of the personal injury cases we handle:
- Car Accidents: We specialize in automobile cases, including rear-end collisions, head-on crashes, and drunk driving.
- Trucking Accidents: We represent victims of trucking accidents. These often involve severe injuries due to the size and weight of commercial vehicles and require a thorough understanding of traffic laws.
- Motorcycle Accidents: We help injured motorcyclists recover from injuries caused by other drivers, road hazards, or defective motorcycle parts.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: We represent clients who suffer injuries due to unsafe conditions on someone else’s property. This includes falls due to wet floors, inadequate lighting, or poorly maintained walkways.
- Medical Malpractice: We specialize in helping clients navigate the complexities of medical malpractice cases. This includes injuries caused by surgical errors, misdiagnosis, birth injuries, and negligent treatment.
- Workplace Accidents: We assist clients with filing workplace injury claims. This covers a range of incidents, from machinery accidents to falls. We understand the workers’ compensation system and how to pursue additional compensation if necessary.
- Product Liability: We help clients tackle cases involving injuries caused by defective or dangerous products. We work to hold manufacturers, distributors, and retailers accountable for their harm.
- Wrongful Death: We help families seeking justice for wrongful death cases. These cases involve securing compensation for funeral expenses, loss of companionship, lost income, and other damages.
Our personal injury law firm is focused on providing experienced legal counsel regardless of how you or a loved one were injured. Schedule a consultation today to speak with a North Augusta personal injury lawyer.
What Are Damages, and What Can I Recover for My North Augusta Personal Injury Case?
You likely face physical injuries, financial losses, and emotional trauma associated with your accident and injury. It is natural to want compensation when the actions of another person have caused this. In personal injury law, your losses are called your “damages.” Understanding the different damages that are available and what you may recover in your case is important. Commonly awarded damages include:
- Economic Damages: Economic damages are quantifiable financial losses that result from the injury. They include medical for medical treatment, rehabilitation or medication, and future medical care. It also includes compensation for lost income due to your injury and damaged property.
- Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages are more subjective and non-quantifiable losses. They include compensation for physical pain and emotional distress caused by the injury. It also includes damages for the inability to enjoy daily activities and hobbies, the psychological impacts of your injury, and, in severe cases, compensation for the impact of your injury on your relationship with a spouse.
- Punitive Damages: If your case reaches trial, the court may award punitive cases when the person responsible for your injury behaved egregiously or recklessly. These damages are intended to punish the responsible party and deter similar conduct from others in the future.
Recovering damages in North Augusta is a case-specific process. You first need to establish that another party was responsible for your injuries with evidence. Be sure to document everything about your injury. Keep records of all expenses, medical treatments, and impacts on your life. Additionally, consider working with a skilled North Augusta personal injury lawyer to calculate the compensation you may be owed accurately.
What if I’m Partly Responsible for My North Augusta Personal Injury Case?
The situation may arise where you, as the injured person, are found to share some degree of responsibility for the incident that led to your injuries. This is more common than you may think. Liability in personal injury cases is always case-dependent, so consult with a North Augusta personal injury lawyer before concluding you are partly liable in your case.
It is important to understand how partial responsibility may impact your case, including the compensation you may be awarded. This is because South Carolina follows a modified comparative negligence rule. This rule states that you can recover damages even if you are partly at fault, so long as your share of fault is not more than 50 percent. However, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
For example, if you are found to be 30 percent at fault for your accident, and your total damages are $100,000, you would be eligible to recover $70,000.
You and your lawyer will work to gather evidence to accurately establish fault in your case. This may require hiring expert witnesses, reviewing accident reports, watching surveillance footage, or taking witness statements. An experienced attorney can help you argue your case to minimize the fault percentage assigned to you.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in South Carolina?
You may need to file a lawsuit if you cannot settle your claim with the responsible party or their insurance carrier. This means you need to understand the time limits for filing a personal injury lawsuit, known as the statute of limitations.
For most personal injury cases in South Carolina, including wrongful death, the statute of limitations is three years. This means that you typically have two years from the date of injury or death to file a lawsuit against the party responsible.
A court will likely refuse to hear your case if you fail to file your lawsuit within this two-year window. Your right to seek compensation will be lost forever.
Note that there are exceptions to this deadline for some cases. Reach out to us as soon as you can to determine the appropriate time limit for your specific circumstances.
How Long Will It Take To Get Compensation for My North Augusta Personal Injury Case?
The duration of your personal injury case in North Augusta can vary significantly. Several factors determine how long it will take to get compensation.
For example, simple cases with clear liability and straightforward injuries may be resolved in months. It may take years if your case involves complex legal issues, severe injuries, or disputed liability. Other important factors include the willingness of parties to negotiate and settle your claim.
There can also be legal delays and proceedings that take them to resolve. Insurance companies may even use different tactics to delay or reduce payments. If your case proceeds to trial, any party could appeal it and drag it out even longer.
Given these variables, predicting an exact timeline for a personal injury case is challenging. Working with a knowledgeable North Augusta personal injury lawyer can help streamline the process and ensure that you pursue the most efficient path to compensation.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a North Augusta Personal Injury Lawyer?
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not have to pay any upfront fees or hourly rates for us to represent you. Instead, we take a fixed percentage of the amount we win for you through settlement or trial.
If we don’t obtain compensation for you, you owe us nothing in attorney’s fees. This makes our legal services accessible to everyone, even those worried about affording the traditional cost of hiring a lawyer out of pocket.
Schedule a Consultation With Our North Augusta Personal Injury Lawyers
Schedule a free consultation to learn about your rights and options for pursuing compensation. Our team will help you navigate the complexities of your case with compassion and expertise.
Areas We Serve in Augusta, GA
We serve clients in Augusta, North Augusta, Downtown Augusta, Medical District, Forest Hills, Summerville, Murray Hill, Harrisburg, West End, Hammond’s Ferry, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Glendale, Turpin Hill, South Turpin Hill, May Park, Sand Hills, and its surrounding areas.
We also handle injury cases throughout Georgia and South Carolina.