If you’ve suffered burns in Evans, Georgia and someone else is to blame, call Hawk Law Group. You could be entitled to compensation for your loss of income, distress, and medical bills. Our Evans burn injury lawyers can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery.
There’s a lot riding on your burn injury claim. Our award-winning Georgia trial attorneys have 71+ years of combined experience litigating tough cases like yours. We’ve won tens of millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards for our clients in the process.
Table of Contents
How Hawk Law Group Can Help If You’ve Suffered a Burn Injury in Evans, GA
Burn injuries can be catastrophic, changing the course of your life forever. They can cause excruciating pain, limit your mobility, and prevent you from doing the things you once loved. Burn victims often grapple with debilitating trauma and emotional distress, too.
When someone else is responsible for causing you to suffer burn injuries, they must be held accountable. Unfortunately, at-fault parties and insurance companies won’t rush to make things right. In fact, they’ll probably fight you every step of the way.
That’s where our Evans personal injury lawyers can help.
At Hawk Law Group, we’re leading advocates for burn injury victims. We understand how important a financial recovery can be after you’ve suffered severe burns, and our law firm is ready to fight to get the results you deserve.
We’ll skillfully handle every aspect of your burn injury claim, including:
- Coordinating an in-depth investigation
- Collecting and evaluating evidence
- Consulting respected medical professionals, rehabilitation specialists, and other experts
- Preparing for tactics designed to blame you for your burn injury, which could hurt your chances of a full financial recovery
- Handling settlement negotiations with the insurance company, defense counsel, and at-fault parties
- Prepping your case for a trial in the event that you aren’t offered a fair and reasonable settlement offer during negotiations
Burn injuries can cost tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of dollars over the course of your lifetime. We don’t want you to forgo legal assistance because you think you can’t afford it. That’s why our law firm works on contingency. You only pay if we win compensation in your burn injury case.
Call our Evans law office to arrange a time for your free consultation.
Understanding Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are defined as damage to the skin and/or tissue upon exposure to heat, electricity, or radiation.
There are different types of burn injuries, depending on the exposure:
- Thermal burn injuries: damage caused by contact with external heat sources, including scalding liquids, hot metals, fire, and steam
- Electrical burns: damage caused by electrical currents
- Chemical burns: damage caused by contact with harsh chemicals, including acids, detergents, and solvents
- Radiation burns: damage caused by extended exposure to radiation, including the sun or X-rays
Thermal burns are incredibly common, with more than 450,000 cases reported annually.
Burn injuries are diagnosed on a scale of 1-4, based on the extent of the trauma to the body.
- First-degree burns: Known as superficial burns, first-degree burns affect the very outer layer of the skin, known as the epidermis. Signs include redness and tenderness at the burn site.
- Second-degree burns: Known as partial thickness burns, second-degree burns affect the epidermis and the top layer of the dermis. Signs include redness, blisters, and pain.
- Third-degree burns: Known as full thickness burns, third-degree burns damage the epidermis, the dermis, and subcutaneous tissue and nerve endings. Since the nerves are damaged, third-degree burns may not hurt. Signs include discoloration of the skin (white, black, or yellow) and swelling.
- Fourth-degree burns: Fourth-degree burns involve damage to all layers of the skin and can begin to destroy muscle and bone underneath.
Depending on the extent of your burn injury, treatments might involve:
- The application of antibiotic ointments
- Frequent cleaning of the injury
- Removal of dead tissue
- Skin graft surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
Many burns aren’t just superficial. They can substantially impair a victim’s life, causing limited mobility, the loss of limbs, disfigurement, chronic infection, and extreme and chronic pain. In some cases, burn injuries can be fatal.
We Handle All Types of Burn Injury Cases
Burn injuries can happen anytime the body is exposed to toxic chemicals, fire, or extremely hot objects. In reality, burn injuries are a common trauma suffered by accident victims in Evans and across the country.
At Hawk Law Group, we represent burn victims who have suffered injuries as a result of:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Accidents involving defective products
- Fireworks and explosives
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
Whether you’ve suffered a burn injury on the job or were hurt in an avoidable accident, it’s important to consider your legal options. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our top-rated personal injury attorneys in Evans if you or a loved one has recently suffered a burn.
What’s My Evans Burn Injury Case Worth?
Depending on the location of your burn injury and the severity of the wound, you could be facing significant financial burdens. Treatment and rehabilitation can be costly. You shouldn’t underestimate the impact the trauma of suffering those burns will have on your life, either.
In truth, the value of your burn injury case will depend on the specific details of your situation.
Important considerations include:
- How your burn injury is classified
- The extent of physical damage your body has sustained
- Whether your burn injury interferes with your ability to work
- How your earning capacity has changed since you suffered the burn injury
- Whether you will require personal care assistance during your recovery
- Whether your burn will cause permanent impairment or disability
- Shared responsibility for the accident that caused your burn
- The extent to which your burn injury has caused emotional and psychological distress
Your age and life expectancy can also affect what your burn injury case is worth.
You can get a sense of how much money you might be able to recover for a burn injury by reaching out to our personal injury lawyers in Evans for a free consultation.
What Damages Can Evans Burn Victims Recover?
Burn victims can generally seek compensatory damages in an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Compensatory damages fall into one of two categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic awards make up for the financial costs and losses associated with a burn injury, such as:
- Hospitalization, surgery, medication, medical devices, and other current medical bills
- Ongoing medical treatment and future medical expenses
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages and income
- Lost job opportunities
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Funeral expenses if a burn injury is fatal
As a burn victim, you know that not every consequence has a set financial cost. That’s where non-economic damages come in.
These awards are paid to make up for the hard-to-value pain and trauma you experience, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
Economic awards make you financially whole, while non-economic awards help to make up for the suffering you’ve endured.
Our burn injury lawyers in Evans will carefully assess your case and work with experts to truly understand the extent of your costs and suffering. The more we understand your burn injury, the better prepared we’ll be to secure a result that reflects what your burn injury case is really worth.
How Long Do I Have To File a Burn Injury Lawsuit in Georgia?
Georgia allows burn victims to seek compensation within two years of the date of an injury.
Once the statute of limitation expires, you will forfeit the opportunity to assert your rights and demand compensation from those responsible.
Protect yourself by reaching out to our Evans burn injury attorneys as soon as you can after your accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Evans Burn Injury Lawyer
Have you or a loved one suffered burn injuries due to another’s negligence in Evans, Georgia? Call Hawk Law Group. Our Evans burn injury lawyers can help you fight to secure compensation from those responsible.
When you turn to our law firm for help, you’ll benefit from a team with decades of experience that’s won tens of millions of dollars on behalf of deserving clients just like you. We have the passion, knowledge, and resources you’ll need to win.
We are ready to stand up and fight for you. All you have to do is call our law office in Evans, GA to get started.