An unexpected accident in Evans, GA can change everything – how you feel, how you work, how you manage your finances, and more. If someone else caused your accident and injuries, they should be responsible for your damages. Our Evans, GA personal injury lawyers can help you hold them accountable.
Hawk Law Group has become a pillar of the Evans, Georgia community. For over three decades, we’ve helped injury victims recover the compensation they need to move forward with their lives after an accident. In that time, we’ve obtained millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for clients just like you.
Our team handles all Evans personal injury matters and has years of experience representing clients in cases involving car accidents, Evans motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, Evans workplace accidents, wrongful death, and other injury cases in Evans, GA.
Table of Contents
Why You Need Hawk Law Group On Your Side After an Accident in Evans, Georgia
Evans is a small community. However, it is not immune to major accidents, such as car accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and other injury-causing incidents. Every year these accidents injure and claim the lives of our neighbors in Columbia County.
Fortunately, you can recover compensation for your losses after an accident. But you’ll need help from an Evans, GA personal injury lawyer if you plan to go up against insurance companies and win. Chace Hawk will be your advocate, just as we’ve been the advocate for countless Evans residents before you.
Here’s why you should trust our Evans, GA personal injury lawyers during these difficult times:
- We’ve been practicing law in the CSRA for over three decades.
- We know insurers’ tricks, and we know what it takes to recover compensation from them.
- Collectively, our top-rated attorneys have more than 71 years of experience
- Other law firms refer the toughest legal matters to us – because we’re known for our ability to win
At Hawk Law Group, we promise to listen to you and use all of our knowledge and experience to build the best case possible – our client reviews speak for themselves. Contact us today in Evans, Georgia, for a free consultation.
Visit our Evans Personal Injury Law Firm Near You
Hours: Monday to Friday – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
One of the most critical decisions in a personal injury case is choosing the right attorney to represent your interests. You should hire a personal injury lawyer to help with your case.
- You want a level playing field. If you’re going up against an insurance company on your own, they already have the upper hand. They handle thousands of claims like yours every year. They know how to manipulate you into accepting less compensation than you deserve. An attorney will look out for your interests and protect you from the insurance company’s aggressive adjusters.
- You need experience on your side. You need a lawyer that knows how to handle your accident case. They will use the facts of your case – and relevant personal injury laws – to help maximize the compensation you recover after your accident.
- You’ll know the next move. Your lawyer will help you explore all avenues for compensation, from claim to lawsuit. They will counsel you on the best ways to proceed with your claim. They can even take your case to court if the insurer refuses to play fair.
- You need time to recover. You are injured; you need time to recover. A legal claim distracts you from your health. Hiring an attorney puts the claim in their hands and allows you time to rest after your accident.
These are a few noteworthy reasons why you should hire a personal injury lawyer. Your lawyer can discuss other important reasons during your free consultation.
Evans, GA Accident Statistics
There are many different types of accidents in Evans. There is limited data available on the number of accidents in Evans. The Columbia County Sheriff reported 3,439 car accidents countywide in 2020.
However, motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of injury death in Georgia. In 2017, Georgia had the 4th greatest number of traffic fatalities in the U.S., with 1,540. In 2019, Georgia had 1,491 traffic fatalities. That same year, the state had 207 fatal workplace accidents.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury cases typically arise when someone injures another due to negligence or carelessness. They often result from auto accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice, and other avoidable incidents.
You might have a personal injury case if another person caused your accident. However, you must have suffered damages to have a claim. You likely have a personal injury case if you face medical bills, lost income, or pain and suffering after your injury.
What If I’m Partially At Fault For the Accident?
You can recover compensation if you are partially at fault for your accident. Georgia’s modified comparative fault rules will reduce your compensation to account for your share of fault if you are between 1% and 49% at fault for your accident. If you bear 50% or more of the fault, you cannot recover any compensation due to Georgia’s 50% bar.
A well-trained Evans personal injury attorney will fight to minimize your fault and liability so you can recover full compensation for your losses.
How Long Will My Personal Injury Case Take From Start to Finish?
There is no set timeline for a personal injury case. Whether you only go through the negotiation process or end up in litigation, your case could take months or years.
Personal injury cases that are settled through the insurance process tend to have the shortest timelines. In contrast, cases that proceed to court generally have the longest time frames. These cases take a year or more to resolve, depending on the complexity of the case.
After an accident, it’s up to you to find a competent personal injury attorney to represent your needs and interests.
Your Evans personal injury attorney will get to work:
- Filing insurance claims
- Interviewing witnesses
- Requesting medical records
- Collecting your medical bills
- Interviewing experts to testify
- Recreating the scene of the accident
We can also give you an estimate of your case’s timeline during a free consultation.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
Our dedicated team of personal injury attorneys in Evans, GA, is ready to serve you. We seek to assist our neighbors in Georgia in any way we can.
We can help after the following accidents:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents, as well as other premises liability cases
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Defective product and product liability cases
- Wrongful death, and more.
Hawk Law Group is here to help you pursue financial compensation for any injury caused by another’s negligence or carelessness.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit in Evans, GA?
If you were injured in Georgia, you have up to two years to file a personal injury claim after the accident. This applies to car accidents, wrongful death, and other personal injury claims. If your accident occurred on the job, you have one year to file a workers’ compensation claim. Georgia’s statute of limitations for a loss of consortium case is four years.
If you fail to file your lawsuit within the time limit, you will lose your right to compensation. Contact an attorney for more information about the statute of limitations in your case.
How Much is My Case Worth?
Every case is unique. We cannot estimate the value of your case before examining its facts and circumstances.
The value of most claims depends on:
- The severity of your injuries
- The extent of your medical expenses
- The length of your recovery period and absence from work
- Whether you suffered an impairment or disability
- How your injuries have affected your quality of life
- Available insurance coverages
- Comparative fault
The best way to determine your case’s value is to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer. We can evaluate your damages and estimate future losses to give you a sense of your claim’s worth.
What Compensation Can I Get in a Personal Injury Case?
A victim in a personal injury case can recover economic and non-economic losses after an accident. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may recover more or less for certain damages.
Economic damages cover financial losses related to an accident and include:
- Medical bills, past and future
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Cost of household services
- Property damage
Non-economic damages cover non-financial losses and include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Psychological trauma
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
It is up to you and your Evans, GA personal injury attorney to prove your damages in a personal injury case.
At Hawk Law Group, we work closely with experts to make sure that we not only identify all damages, but also understand what they’re worth. The more information we have to support your claim, the better prepared we’ll be to leverage a meaningful result during negotiations or at trial.
What’s Negligence and How Do You Prove It??
Negligence is a legal term to describe a failure to use reasonable care. It is the basis of most personal injury claims, from motor vehicle accidents to slips and falls. If someone fails to act with reasonable care and causes an injury, they can be held liable for negligence.
To prove negligence, a plaintiff must establish four key elements:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care. Duties arise from law and custom, such as a driver’s duty to obey traffic laws or a business owner’s duty to provide a safe premise for guests.
- The defendant breached that duty of care. A defendant breaches their duty by failing to act as a reasonable person under the circumstances.
- The defendant caused the plaintiff’s injuries. A plaintiff must show that their injuries would not have happened “but for” the defendant’s behavior.
- The plaintiff suffered damages from the accident.
The burden of proving these elements is on the plaintiff. The defendant may prove that the plaintiff was partially at fault for causing their injuries. Comparative negligence may reduce a victim’s total compensation.
What Should I Do If I’m Injured in an Accident in Evans, GA?
If you were injured in an accident, there are several steps you should take. You should:
- Seek prompt medical attention. Obtaining immediate medical care can prevent injuries from becoming more severe, including injuries without immediate symptoms. It can also protect your injury claim and provide proof of your injuries.
- Call 911 (depending on the circumstances). A police dispatcher can send EMS and police officers to the scene. A police officer will create an accident report that details the circumstances of your injuries, contact info for witnesses, and preliminary determinations of fault. This report can provide useful evidence in an injury claim.
- Gather evidence. Take photos and record some video footage of the scene. Talk to witnesses and get their names and numbers. Request medical records, police reports, and other documents that might be helpful if you file a claim.
- Contact an Evans personal injury lawyer. An attorney will explain your legal options and protect your rights to compensation.
A personal injury lawyer can explain other steps you should take in a free consultation.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
With a contingency fee, you will only pay for your lawyer’s services if they recover compensation for you first. If they are successful, your lawyer will take a pre-agreed-upon percentage of your settlement or verdict (usually between 33% and 40%).
When our personal injury law firm takes a case, it means that we’re confident we can win. That’s why we front all case-related costs and assume all of the financial risks – so our clients aren’t burdened by that stress. Our clients pay nothing unless we win – guaranteed.
Contact Hawk Law Group Today for a Free Consultation
Injuries can isolate you from family, work, and hobbies. But you don’t have to go it alone after your accident. Our Evans, GA personal injury lawyers are by your side to help you recover the money you and your family need.
Contact Hawk Law Group today for a free consultation to discuss your case.
What Our Evans Clients Have To Say About Us
Read more of our Google reviews.
Areas we serve in Evans, Ga.
Avery Landing, Westmont, Wymberly, West Lynne, Jamaica Estates, Woodland, Anderson Ct, Bay Branch Ln, Berkley Hills Pass, Hickory Drive, Hunters Cove, Silverlake, Magnolia Lane, Jones Creek, Low Meadows, Maples Ferry, Woodruff Landing, Windmill Plantation, and more.