Have you or a loved one been injured in an accident in Waynesboro, GA? You may be entitled to a substantial monetary award if someone else caused you to get hurt. The experienced Waynesboro personal injury lawyers at Hawk Law Group can help you seek maximum compensation from those responsible.
Our law firm has recovered millions of dollars for injury victims since opening our doors back in 1984. We’ve been able to secure life-changing settlements and verdicts where insurance companies offered nothing to our injured clients.
Don’t give up. Our team is willing and ready to come to you if you can’t get to us – at home, in the hospital, and even at work. Call our Waynesboro law office now at (706)-437-9122 to set up a convenient time for you. Your first case evaluation is absolutely free.
Why You Should Call Hawk Law Group After an Accident in Waynesboro, Georgia
We know how difficult life is after an accident. When the insurance company starts calling and medical bills begin piling up, we promise to stand by you.
As natives of Georgia, we are here to serve Waynesboro residents and families that need compensation after an injury. We know how important every cent of your settlement or verdict is. We won’t stop working on your claim until we maximize its value.
Here’s why you should make Hawk Law Group your very first call when you’re seeking help after an accident in Waynesboro:
- Our experienced attorneys have more than 71 years of collective experience.
- We’ve won the highest personal injury verdict in Jenkins County history.
- Our team has secured several verdicts and settlements exceeding $500,000 for injury victims in Georgia just like you.
- We’re available 24/7/365 to answer your questions and provide the guidance you deserve.
- Other law firms regularly refer the toughest cases to our trial attorneys because of our demonstrated ability to win.
You need a Waynesboro personal injury attorney that you can trust and help you make informed decisions about your case. At Hawk Law Group, we are always prepared to go to trial on your behalf. Contact us today for your free consultation.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Hiring a personal injury lawyer to represent your interests can have a lasting impact on your future.
- You need a level playing field. Insurance companies know they have the upper hand when you’re unrepresented and inexperienced. By hiring a lawyer that has experience dealing with overzealous insurance adjusters, you’ll show the insurer that you won’t be pushed around. Your attorney will level the playing field for you and give you the best opportunity to get the money you deserve.
- You’ll increase the odds of a win. Hiring a personal injury lawyer will put you in a better position to win your case. Research shows that people who hire lawyers after an accident tend to win more money than those who don’t.
- You’ll probably be blamed for getting hurt. Other parties will try to “blame the victim” and say that you are at least partly responsible for your physical injuries and suffering. These tactics, left unchallenged, can seriously hurt your ability to recover the money you need. An attorney will know how to step in and protect you from these types of allegations.
- You need time to recover. You need someone to take the burden and stress from you so you can rest and recover. Your attorney will handle your case from start to finish – giving you the opportunity to focus on getting better.
Simply put: you need an experienced Waynesboro personal injury attorney on your side to obtain the best result for your case. Let Hawk Law Group put 71+ years of combined experience to work for you today. Call our law office to learn more.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
If you were hurt through little to no fault of your own in Waynesboro, Georgia, you might have a personal injury case. Specifically, you have a case if someone else’s negligence or carelessness caused your injury.
Common types of injuries that we see:
- Brain trauma
- Broken bones
- Dislocated joints
- Emotional distress
- Herniated discs
- Spinal cord injuries
You can recover compensation for your losses related to these (and other) injuries through a personal injury case. In order to win, you’ll have to prove that someone else is legally responsible for causing you to get hurt.
Our accident attorneys serving Waynesboro can help you become more familiar with what legal options you might have. Give us a call to set up a free case evaluation today. We’ll listen to your story, review the facts of your case, and explain what grounds you might have to file a lawsuit.
Waynesboro, GA Accident Statistics
According to the Georgia Department of Public Health, accidents are rather common in Waynesboro and surrounding cities in Burke County, Georgia. In 2020, 1,483 people visited the emergency room because they sustained avoidable injuries as a result of slips and falls, exposure to dangerous hazards, and more.
At least 243 people went to the emergency room because of injuries sustained in a Burke County motor vehicle accident.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
At Hawk Law Group, we seek to help vulnerable Georgians in whatever way we can.
Since 1984, we’ve been fierce advocates for clients in Waynesboro in all types of personal injury matters, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Uber accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Premises liability
- Workplace accidents
- Wrongful death, and more.
If you have questions about an injury you or a loved one sustained, let us help. Please reach out to one of our personal injury lawyers in Waynesboro at (706) 437 – 9122 — any time of day or night.
What’s My Personal Injury Case Worth?
In truth, every case is different. Some are worth a few thousand dollars, while others will be worth millions.
Ultimately, though, the value of your case will really depend on the answers to questions like these:
- How serious are your injuries?
- Will you ever be able to make a full recovery?
- Are you still able to work?
- Has your ability to earn an income been affected?
- What are your current out-of-pocket expenses?
- What kind of costs and losses will you likely experience in the future?
- How have the accident and your resulting injuries affected you emotionally?
- How much – if any – responsibility do you share for getting hurt?
As a general rule, cases involving catastrophic injuries or death are worth more than those involving minor trauma. But, again, every case is different. It’s important to consult with a personal injury lawyer near you in Waynesboro to get more information after an accident.
Hawk Law Group will be there for you – all you have to do is give us a call.
What Damages Are Available to Accident Victims in Waynesboro?
Typically, both economic and non-economic damages are available to accident victims in Waynesboro, Georgia.
Economic damages represent your financial losses after an accident and cover:
- Medical bills — past and future
- Lost income and wages
- Property damage
- Funeral expenses, and more.
Non-economic losses cover your non-financial losses and compensate for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Reduced quality of life, and more.
In limited cases, punitive damages might also be available. These are awarded for the sole purpose of punishing the defendant for conduct that’s really reprehensible. There must be clear and convincing evidence that the defendant’s actions were willful or displayed a complete lack of care for your safety.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Accident in Georgia?
In Georgia, you have two years to file a personal injury claim after most accidents. While there are limited exceptions to this rule, it’s important to make sure that your claim is filed on time. You’ll lose the right to recover compensation if you miss the statute of limitations that applies to your particular case.
That’s why it’s essential to speak with an experienced Waynesboro personal injury attorney as soon as you can after you get hurt. Contact our legal team any time – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year – for immediate assistance with your personal injury case.
Who Can Be Liable For My Injuries After an Accident in Waynesboro, Georgia?
After an avoidable accident, anyone who caused you to get hurt can be liable for your resulting damages. This includes anyone who directly or indirectly caused harm. That might be an individual, an agency, a corporation, or a business. It could even be a government agency.
There may even be multiple defendants in your case, depending on the severity and type of your injuries. For example, in a product liability case, a manufacturer and distributor may both be responsible for your damages.
The attorneys at Hawk Law Group will carefully review your case to determine what caused you to get hurt. With this information, we can then identify all potentially liable parties and work to hold them all accountable for your suffering.
What If I’m Partially At Fault For the Accident?
There is always a possibility that you will be held responsible for a portion of an accident. The defense will do everything in their power to blame you. Why? Because your percentage of fault could reduce your financial award — and their liability.
Georgia follows a modified comparative fault law. You may only recover financial compensation if you are less than 50% responsible for your injuries. In this case, the rules will reduce your compensation to account for your share of fault. If you are over 50% at fault, you cannot recover any compensation for your losses.
What is Negligence?
Negligence is the foundation of most personal injury cases in Georgia, from motor vehicle accidents to medical malpractice to wrongful death. In legal terms, negligence is the failure to act with reasonable care. More simply put, it occurs when a person acts carelessly and causes injury.
How Do You Prove Negligence?
In a negligence action, it is up to the plaintiff to prove that:
- The defendant owed them a duty of care
- The defendant breached that duty of care
- The defendant’s conduct was the direct and proximate cause of the plaintiff’s injury, and
- The plaintiff suffered damages.
A plaintiff has to prove all four elements of negligence. This can be done with physical proof of the accident scene, witness testimony, hospital bills, and so on. If a plaintiff succeeds, they will have the right to receive financial compensation for their injuries from the defendant.
Proving negligence can be tough. Don’t go it alone – trust our experienced accident attorneys in Waynesboro to build a successful negligence claim on your behalf. Our trial attorneys are ready to put 71+ years of collective experience to work to get you the results you deserve.
What Should I Do If I’m Injured in an Accident in Waynesboro?
See a Doctor: First and foremost, you should get medical care. A medical professional can diagnose and treat your injuries, including ones that have not presented symptoms yet. It will be up to the professional to suggest if you should come back for more medical care. These visits can provide valuable evidence of your injuries if you decide to file an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Report the Accident: You may also need to call 911, depending on the circumstances of your accident. A police dispatcher can send emergency medical services and/or law enforcement officers to the scene. Police officers can create an accident report that details the conditions of the scene, contact info for witnesses, and preliminary determinations of fault. This report, in turn, can be helpful in a claim or lawsuit.
Resist the Urge to Apologize: Did you know that admitting fault or even apologizing could hurt your ability to recover compensation after an accident? So, while it’s okay to check to make sure others are okay, it’s not a good idea to say you’re sorry. The insurance company will try to twist your words and manipulate what you say to keep you from getting the money you deserve.
Call an Experienced Lawyer: After you have a better sense of your injuries, you should reach out to the personal injury lawyers at Hawk Law Group to help you assert your legal options after the accident.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Hiring a Waynesboro personal injury attorney is more affordable than you might think. Since our law firm works on a contingency fee basis, you pay nothing upfront—you only pay if we recover money for you.
Once your case is resolved, you will pay a percentage of the award we recover on your behalf. Typically, that fee is anywhere between 33% and 40% of your financial recovery. The retainer agreement sets out the terms and fees of this useful arrangement.
What is the Personal Injury Claims Process?
Even though personal injury claims can be different, most cases proceed in the same manner.
- Meet with an attorney to discuss your claim.
- Your attorney submits a claim with the insurer for the party that injured you.
- The insurance company assigns an adjuster to investigate.
- Your attorney provides evidence to support your demand for compensation.
- You and your attorney negotiate a settlement offer. If the defendant agrees that you have a viable claim, they will send you a release and settlement offer. It will be up to you or your attorney to accept or negotiate a higher offer.
- You agree and sign the release. If you accept the settlement offer, you will receive a settlement check.
- You disagree and file a personal injury lawsuit. Suppose you don’t accept the insurer’s settlement offer, and it refuses to offer a higher settlement. You may need to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover your damages.
Your personal injury lawyer will explain these steps in detail during your free initial consultation.
Call Our Waynesboro Personal Injury Lawyers For a Free Consultation
At Hawk Law Group, we have made it our mission to serve our community as our own family. With over three decades of experience in personal injury law, our Waynesboro personal injury lawyers have the experience, insight, and resources needed to win cases just like yours.
As soon as you’re ready to take the next step to financial recovery, call our Waynesboro law office at (706) 437 – 9122. Our team is standing by.
The goal is to get the insurance company to pay for your medical bills. However, insurance companies will always be reluctant to pay for your injuries. They also know that you will be willing to settle for less if you are severely injured and need help immediately. Your attorney can hold their feet to the fire to get compensation for your medical bills.
Hawk Law Group
827 Liberty St, Waynesboro, GA 30830, United States
What Our Waynesboro Clients Have To Say About Us
Read more of our Google reviews.