Were you or a loved one hurt in a car accident in Augusta, GA? You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. An experienced Augusta car accident lawyer at Hawk Law Group can help you every step of the way.
We’ve been fighting for injury victims of car accidents for over three decades. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients by standing up to insurance companies and corporations.
Table of Contents
How Hawk Law Group Can Help After a Car Accident in Augusta
Many car accident victims quickly realize that the insurance claims process is more complex than they ever imagined. A claimant must correspond with insurance adjusters, obtain quotes for property damage, document medical expenses and lost wages, and negotiate with the insurer for fair compensation. These tasks can be even more overwhelming if you’re recovering from an injury — especially when the insurance company undervalues or denies your claim.
An experienced Augusta personal injury lawyer can make a world of difference to your injury claim. At Hawk Law Group, personal injury law is all we do. We’ve helped hundreds of injured individuals and families get back on their feet again after a car accident. So, you can trust we know how to get your maximum compensation.
Hiring us means you’ll have a respected lawyer to:
- Conduct an investigation to determine the cause of your accident
- Calculate the fair value of your personal injury claim
- Demand fair compensation from all responsible parties
- Negotiate with the insurance company to recover the maximum compensation possible for you
Insurance companies have deep pockets and teams of defense lawyers working for them. Our lawyers are proud to help injured parties fight back–and fight to win.
Interested in learning more about how our Augusta personal injury attorneys can help you get the money you need and deserve? Give us a call for a free consultation today.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Augusta?
Augusta and the surrounding areas see thousands of car accidents on an annual basis.
Detailed crash statistics are available for Richmond County via the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety and for Augusta, specifically, from the Georgia Department of Transportation’s Crash Data Portal.
The latest available statistics for Richmond County are:
- 2021: 9,691 total crashes, 122 suspected serious injuries, and 45 fatalities
- 2020: 8,493 total crashes, 103 suspected serious injuries, and 30 fatalities
- 2019: 9,716 total crashes, 83 suspected serious injuries, and 26 fatalities
For Augusta, the latest available data are:
- 2022: 8,735 total crashes, 2,861 injuries, and 39 fatalities
- 2021: 9,604 total crashes, 3,197 injuries, and 44 fatalities
- 2020: 8,506 total crashes, 3,220 injuries, and 31 fatalities
Based on these figures, on average, there are almost 25 crashes every single day in Augusta – many of which lead to injuries.
Augusta’s Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections
On an average day in Augusta, there are typically anywhere between 26 and 27 traffic accidents. While these wrecks can happen anywhere, there are parts of the city that tend to see more wrecks than others.
In 2020, the roads that saw collisions most frequently included:
- Gordon Highway (487)
- Peach Orchard Rd (456)
- Washington Rd (433)
- Wrightsboro Rd (402)
- Deans Bridge Rd (393)
- Windsor Spring Rd (319)
- I-520 (263)
- Mike Padgett Highway (243)
- Walton Way (225)
Many of these collisions likely unfolded at intersections throughout Augusta. Data from the DOT reveals that a staggering 70% of Augusta car accidents in 2020 happened at an intersection. That’s much higher than the national average, which sits at about 40%.
What is My Augusta Car Accident Case Worth?
Car wrecks can cause thousands of dollars in damage. For serious injury cases, you might rack up hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills alone. It’s important to make sure you get the full compensation you deserve.
Many different factors can influence car accident settlements. To calculate the fair value of your personal injury case, we will examine the following:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- Whether you’ll suffer a permanent disability or impairment
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Whether you’ll need ongoing future medical care or rehabilitation
- The value of your lost wages and property damage
- Whether you’ll require help to complete everyday tasks
- The emotional and physical pain and trauma you’ve suffered
Most serious injury claims are worth more than cases involving only minor injuries. However, you can only be sure if you have an experienced lawyer evaluate your case. After all, the insurance company will do anything possible to pay less than you deserve.
At Hawk Law Group, we’re here to help. Our lawyers in Augusta have handled countless car accident cases over the years. We have a network of respected experts who can help us value even the most complex injury claim.
Call our law firm to schedule your free case review to learn more about our team and practice areas.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Car Accident Victims?
Georgia personal injury laws allow crash victims to recover compensation for their economic and non-economic losses.
Your economic damages award may include money for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Property damage
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses you’ve incurred because of the accident
Non-economic damages compensate for losses that can’t be easily valued. Those subjective and personal losses may include:
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, including anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Did someone else cause your car accident? You deserve to hold the at-fault party responsible for all of your losses. Let our experienced lawyers take the lead and fight for every dollar you deserve.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Car Accident in Georgia?
It’s common for insurance companies to blame the victim after a car wreck. If you’re being blamed for an accident, don’t panic. You don’t automatically lose your right to compensation even if you are partly responsible for the wreck.
The state of Georgia has a modified comparative negligence law. Under this rule, you will lose your right to compensation if you’re found 50% or more responsible for the crash.
Georgia law gives insurance companies a powerful incentive to blame you for getting hurt. It’s important to be prepared for a fight. The skill of your lawyer will be important in these cases, so give us a call today for help fighting back.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Car Accident Injuries
Even a relatively minor injury can cost a lot of money. If you were seriously hurt, recovering fair compensation for your losses can be one of the most important things you ever do.
At Hawk Law Group, we know the stakes are high. We’ll fight to recover fair compensation for all of your car accident injuries, including:
- Whiplash injuries
- Airbag injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Nerve injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Chest injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Insurance companies often try to manipulate accident victims into accepting less than they deserve. Don’t let them get away with it. Our Augusta car accident attorneys can help you fight back and maximize your settlement or verdict.
Getting legal advice is easy. All you have to do is call to schedule a 100% free case evaluation today.
What Causes Most Car Accidents in Augusta, Georgia?
In Augusta, some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving in Augusta
- Unsafe turns
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Unsafe passing
- Illegal lane changes
- Running red lights or racing through stop signs
- Failure to yield to pedestrians and bicyclists
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Vehicle defects
- Dangerous road conditions
Our lawyers in Augusta have spent decades fighting for car accident victims. If you or a loved one were injured, we’re here to protect your interests. Just give us a quick call and schedule a free initial consultation today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Car Accident in Georgia?
To recover damages after a car crash, you’ll first have to pinpoint the cause of the accident. You’ll also have to prove another person caused your accident through negligence. A person is negligent when they fail to exercise reasonable caution under the circumstances.
To prove negligence, you’ll have to establish four things:
- The defendant owed you a legal duty of care
- The defendant breached the duty of care
- The defendant’s breach was the direct cause of your accident
- You suffered damages in the accident (whether physical, financial, or emotional)
At Hawk Law Group, we’ve been helping clients win negligence and strict liability lawsuits for decades.
After your crash, we can start investigating immediately. We’ll look for the types of evidence insurance companies take seriously, including:
- Police and accident reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Video surveillance footage
- Dash cam footage
- Toxicology reports
- Testimony from accident reconstruction specialists
Some crash cases are more complex than others. If multiple parties share the blame for the accident, you’ll also have to offer proof to establish each party’s liability. Our lawyers are well-equipped to handle every aspect of your case. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our legal team to learn more today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Car Accident in Georgia?
You’ll only have a limited time to take legal action after a car accident. The personal injury statute of limitations in Georgia is only two years. Once the two-year anniversary of your accident passes, you’ll forfeit your right to seek compensation.
We Handle All Types of Car Accident Cases in Augusta, GA
Distracted Driving Accidents
Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of car accidents in Georgia. It can take many forms, including eating, texting, and using the phone. If a distracted driver caused your accident, you could be entitled to substantial compensation. Our Augusta distracted driving accident lawyers can help you understand your rights and options.
Impaired driving is extremely dangerous. It can slow a driver’s reaction time, distort their vision, and cloud their judgment. If a drunk driver caused your accident, they could be liable for the resulting damages. Our Augusta DUI accident lawyer can help you hold them accountable for your damages and obtain justice.
Hit & Run Accidents
Hit and runs happen all the time in Augusta. Unfortunately, these collisions can leave you with limited opportunities for recovering compensation for accident-related losses. However, you do have options. Our Augusta hit & run accident lawyers can help you identify all possible avenues for recovering the money you deserve.
Rear-end crashes in Augusta are commonly thought of as “fender benders.” But these collisions can cause catastrophic injuries, including whiplash, head/brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and more. You deserve compensation if a careless driver struck you from behind. Our Augusta rear-end crash lawyers can help you get it.
Contact an Augusta Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Have you been injured in a car crash? Did you lose a loved one in a fatal accident? Our lawyers at Hawk Law Group are here to fight for you. Call an experienced Augusta car accident lawyer to schedule a free consultation today.
Car Accident Resources
- Can I Be Compensated For Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident?
- Can I Be Reimbursed For Lost Wages After a Car Accident?
Most Recent Car Accidents Blog Posts
- Traffic and Red Light Cameras in Augusta, GA
- Car Accident Reports in Augusta, GA: FAQs
- An Honest Evaluation of a Slip and Fall Case in Augusta, GA
- Causes & Symptoms of Cephalohematoma
- Consequences of Using Your Cell Phone While Driving in Georgia
Agusta Auto Repair Shops
- Reeses’ Auto Center – 302 E Boundary, Augusta, GA 30901, United States
- Al’s Garage – 422 Fenwick St, Augusta, GA 30906, United States
- Robert’s – 941 7th St, Augusta, GA 30901, United States
- Rhodes Import Services – 816 Fenwick St, Augusta, GA 30901, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Areas We Serve in Augusta, GA
What Our Augusta Clients Have To Say About Us
Read more of our Google reviews.