Have you been hurt in a fall on someone else’s property? Property owners in Augusta, GA, are supposed to keep their premises reasonably safe for guests. You may be entitled to financial compensation for your pain and suffering, lost earnings, and more.
Hawk Law Group has fought for slip and fall accident victims for over 30 years. Contact our Augusta law office today at (706) 722-3500 to schedule a free case review with an Augusta slip and fall accident lawyer. You pay nothing unless we recover compensation for you.
Table of Contents
How Hawk Law Group Can Help You After a Slip and Fall in Augusta, GA
Slip and fall cases are notoriously challenging. Insurance companies fight these cases aggressively by blaming accident victims and undervaluing their damages. You deserve an experienced Augusta personal injury lawyer to fight back.
Hawk Law Group has fought for injury victims in Augusta for nearly three decades. In that time, our lawyers have recovered some of the largest settlements and jury verdicts in the CSRA. We put our extensive experience to work at the negotiation table and in the courtroom to recover maximum compensation for our clients.
You can expect our lawyers to:
- Give your case the personal attention and resources it deserves
- Work with top experts to investigate your case and gather reliable evidence
- Calculate your damages down to the last cent
- Negotiate on your behalf to reach a settlement that fairly compensates you
- Take your case before a jury to protect your rights
Don’t settle for anything less than a trial lawyer to pursue the compensation you deserve. Call the Augusta personal injury attorneys at Hawk Law Group today for a free consultation to discuss how we can help you.
How Common Are Slip and Fall Accidents in Georgia?
Slip, trip, and fall accidents are more common than many believe. These accidents are a leading cause of accidental injury and injury-related disability and death. They are also top causes of traumatic brain injuries and unintentional injury.
About 800,000 people visit the hospital each year due to falls. Seniors have the greatest risk of suffering serious injury or death from a slip and fall. About 15,000 older adults suffer a fatal slip and fall per year.
Slips and falls are also the number one cause of workers’ compensation claims and the fourth leading cause of workplace fatalities in Georgia. In 2019, there were 207 fatal work injuries in Georgia, 29 of which involved a slip, trip, or fall.
What is My Augusta Slip and Fall Accident Case Worth?
It’s impossible to estimate the value of an injury case without a careful investigation. While some slip and fall cases are only worth a few thousand, others are worth millions.
We must consider the following to evaluate your claim’s worth:
- The lifelong cost to treat and manage your injuries
- The total loss of earnings and benefits of employment, including projected future earnings
- The insurance coverage available to pay for your claim
- Whether you contributed to your accident
Contact Hawk Law Group for a free consultation with our Augusta premises liability attorneys. We will help you understand what your case may be worth.
What Compensation is Available to Slip and Fall Accident Victims in Augusta, GA?
Common damages in a slip and fall accident include:
- Lost wages
- Lost or diminished future earnings
- Current and future medical expenses
- Necessary financial expenses like domestic services, home or vehicle modifications, and childcare while recovering
- Personal, non-monetary losses, such as pain, suffering, anguish, distress, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment of life, and disfigurement
Do not let the insurance company undervalue your claim or the severity of your losses. Hawk Law Group will fight for the full value of your damages.
Am I Still Entitled to Damages if I’m Being Blamed for My Slip and Fall Accident in Georgia?
Under Georgia’s modified comparative negligence, you may still recover financial compensation if you are partially at fault for your slip and fall. However, you are barred from recovering any compensation if a jury finds that you are 50% or more to blame.
If you are being blamed for your accident, contact our slip and fall lawyers in Augusta as soon as possible. We’ll fight back against any accusations that you caused your injuries.
We’ll Fight for Fair Compensation for All Your Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
At Hawk Law Group, we recognize the severity of slip and fall injuries. These accidents can lead to serious and life-changing injuries and even death.
We fight for victims who have suffered:
- Facial injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Back injuries, including herniated or ruptured discs
- Neck injuries
- Joint injuries, including torn ligaments
- Soft tissue injuries
- Fractures, including facial, skull, kneecap, wrist, ankle, leg, arm, vertebral, and hip fractures
Insurance companies often accuse victims of exaggerating their injuries and make lowball settlement offers. We understand just how devastating a slip and fall can be and how it may impact your life. We will fight for the full compensation you deserve for your physical, emotional, and psychological harm.
What Causes Most Slip and Fall Accidents?
Slip and fall accidents happen for many reasons. The specific causes usually relate to where the accident occurred, such as in a parking lot, at work, or in a store.
For instance, construction site and factory slip and falls can happen due to spilled liquids or powders, electric shock, or open trenches.
The following are some of the most common reasons for slips and falls:
- Malfunctioning elevators or escalators
- Defective, damaged, or incorrectly installed scaffolding and ladders
- Missing or damaged handrails
- Crumbling sidewalks, concrete, or asphalt
- Potholes in parking lots
- Inadequate lighting
- No floor mats at entrances which allows water to be tracked in
- Damaged or loose flooring
- Trip hazards such as extension cords
- Slippery floors without anti-skid treatment
It’s important to conduct a full investigation to find out why your accident happened. This evidence will be key to your negligence case.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Slip and Fall Accident in Augusta, Georgia?
Slip and fall accidents are a type of premises liability case. In Georgia, proving your case requires showing the property owner was negligent.
Proving negligence means proving these key elements:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care. A property owner owes their guest a duty to maintain safe premises. However, the duty varies based on why you were on the property.
- The property owned breached the duty of care. This may include failing to post signs warning of a hazard, failing to fix broken handrails, or allowing spills to remain on the floor without warning.
- The breach caused your injury. Property owners are only liable if the hazard was not in plain sight or open and obvious.
- You suffered damages. This means your injuries were serious enough to require time off work or medical treatment.
A property owner owes different duties depending on what type of guest is visiting their property. Guests can be divided into two categories: invitees and licensees.
Property owners owe invitees the highest duty of care. Invitees visit a property for the benefit of the property owners, such as a business purpose. Property owners must inspect their premises for dangers, repair known defects, and warn of dangerous conditions that can’t be fixed immediately.
Licensees are owed a lesser duty. Property owners must warn licensees of known dangers on their property — not inspect for or correct them.
Proving your case will require a thorough investigation and substantial evidence. At Hawk Law Group, we will work with experts in many fields to strengthen your case when necessary. Contact an Augusta slip and fall lawyer today to discuss how we will help you.
What Is Premises Liability?
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Slip and Fall in Georgia?
There is a strict deadline to file a personal injury lawsuit under Georgia’s statute of limitations. You typically have two years from the date of your accident to file your case. This two-year statute of limitations also applies to wrongful death claims.
It’s vital to take action as soon as possible to preserve evidence and protect your claim. Contact the Augusta slip and fall accident attorneys at Hawk Law Group today for a free consultation. We will begin building your case so you can focus on healing.
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Augusta Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
You deserve an experienced Augusta slip and fall accident lawyer ready to help you hold a negligent property owner accountable for your fall injuries.
At Hawk Law Group, we are committed to fighting back against the insurance company to pursue fair compensation for you.
Contact our law office today to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer who will protect your rights. You only pay attorney’s fees if we are successful in recovering compensation.
Our Personal Injury law firm in Agusta also provides:
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Augusta, GA
- Child Injury Attorneys in Augusta, GA
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Electric Scooter Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Augusta, GA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Augusta, GA
- Product Liability Lawyer in Augusta, GA
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in Augusta, GA
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Augusta, GA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Augusta, GA
Areas We Serve in Augusta, GA
We serve clients in Augusta, North Augusta, Downtown Augusta, Medical District, Forest Hills, Summerville, Murray Hill, Harrisburg, West End, Hammond’s Ferry, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Glendale, Turpin Hill, South Turpin Hill, May Park, Sand Hills, and its surrounding areas.
We also handle injury cases throughout Georgia and South Carolina.