Have you been injured in a truck accident in Augusta, GA? Truck accidents often result in severe damages and losses. You may be entitled to compensation for things like medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact an experienced Augusta truck accident lawyer at Hawk Law Group for help recovering the money you deserve.
Our lawyers have proudly fought to help accident victims get back on their feet again for three decades. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation in accident cases. There’s no fee unless we win, so contact our law offices in Augusta, Georgia at (706) 722-3500 to schedule a free consultation today.
Table of Contents
How Hawk Law Group Can Help After a Truck Accident in Augusta
Commercial trucks are extremely large and heavy. In a collision between a truck and a passenger vehicle, the passenger vehicle usually loses. Vehicle occupants can face serious injuries or death in the accident. If you were injured in a truck accident, you may be entitled to significant compensation.
However, it can be especially difficult to recover fair compensation after such a wreck. Trucking companies and their insurers invest considerable time and money into fighting injury claims. You need an experienced Augusta personal injury attorney to look out for your best interests.
Hawk Law Group has been holding big companies and insurers responsible for our client’s injuries for thirty years. We’ve helped countless clients reach fair settlements. We know what the insurance company needs to see before they offer a fair compensation award.
Our Augusta personal injury attorneys can help your claim by:
- Launching a thorough investigation into the crash
- Identifying all parties who are legally responsible for paying damages
- Minimizing your role in the accident if the insurance company is blaming you
- Negotiating with the commercial insurance company to recover the maximum compensation possible
Experience matters in complex trucking accident claims. Call for a free consultation today to learn more about getting the legal representation you deserve.
How Common Are Truck Accidents in Augusta?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), over 500,000 truck accidents were reported in 2018. Over 121,000 people were seriously injured, and at least 414,000 truck accidents in the U.S. caused reportable property damage.
Over 5,000 large trucks were involved in fatal accidents. That represents a 5% increase in fatal truck wrecks between 2017 and 2018.
The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) reported 234 accidents involving commercial trucks in Augusta in 2020.
What is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
If you were involved in a trucking accident, you’re probably wondering how much your personal injury case is worth. That’s a complicated question. Many different factors go into assessing the value of a personal injury claim.
Some of those factors include:
- The severity of your injuries
- Whether you’ll suffer any permanent disability
- The cost of your past and expected future medical treatment
- How much time you’ll miss at work
- Whether the injury will change your daily life or diminish your quality of life
- The Emotional trauma you’ve suffered
Most personal injury lawsuits settle out of court. Your lawyer will have to convince the insurance company to award fair damages for your injuries.
At Hawk Law Group, we’re up to the challenge. Our lawyers have been handling cases like yours for more than 30 years. We have a proven track record of helping clients maximize their compensation after serious accidents.
Ready to learn more? We can discuss the value of your specific claim in more detail during a free consultation, so give us a call today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Truck Accident Victims?
Most damages compensate victims for specific losses related to their accidents or injuries.
Economic damages compensate for financial losses, which may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-economic damages compensate for personal losses. You may be entitled to money to compensate for your:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
In rare cases, victims may be entitled to punitive damages to punish the defendant for especially outrageous conduct or intentional acts.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Truck Accident in Georgia?
Georgia follows a modified comparative negligence law. You can recover damages if you were partly responsible for your truck accident. However, you’re barred from seeking damages if you’re found to be 50% or more at fault for your injuries.
Truck accident claims can be messy. If the insurance company blames you, you don’t have to accept those allegations without a fight.
Our experienced legal team at Hawk Law Group can help minimize any accusations that you caused the accident. Just give us a call today to get started.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Truck Accident Injuries
At Hawk Law Group, we know that any truck accident injury can seriously disrupt your life. We’ll fight to recover full compensation to help you get back on your feet again.
We handle all types of truck accident injury claims in Augusta, including those involving:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Chest injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Nerve injuries
- Traumatic amputations
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Truck accident victims can easily incur thousands of dollars in medical bills, even for minor injuries. If you were hurt, don’t hesitate to reach out for the legal advice you deserve. Just give our law firm a quick call to schedule a free case review today.
What Causes Most Truck Accidents in Georgia?
A typical truck driver spends most of their day on the road. Even if the driver follows federal hours-of-service rules, an eight-hour shift behind the wheel can be exhausting.
Exhaustion alone could be enough to cause a truck wreck.
However, truck accidents can occur for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes of truck crashes in Augusta include:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Unsafe passing
- Failure to check blind spots
- Failure to maintain the lane
- Illegal or unsafe turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Hazardous road conditions
- Poor weather and low visibility
- Inexperienced drivers
Some truck accidents happen because of problems with the vehicle itself. FMCSA regulations require regular truck inspections and maintenance. However, some truck owners cut corners and skip inspections.
A truck can cause an accident due to:
- Defective vehicle components
- Faulty brakes
- Worn tires and tire blowouts
- Broken or malfunctioning lights
- Rear-guard failure
- Steering failure
- Failures in the hitching mechanism that connects the tractor and trailer
- Overloading the trailer
- Failure to secure truck cargo
If you were hurt in an accident involving a big rig, semi-truck, or tractor-trailer, you deserve to know what happened. Our experienced truck accident attorneys will dig deep to find out.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Truck Accident in Georgia?
Typically, truck accidents happen because someone was negligent. A person is negligent when their careless actions cause someone else to get hurt.
The four elements of any successful negligence claim include:
- A duty of care
- Breach of duty
Our lawyers in Augusta can help you locate the proof to establish negligence. That often means we will:
- Evaluate the truck’s post-accident condition
- Review data from the truck’s black box recording device
- Visit the accident scene
- Interview witnesses
- Locate any video surveillance or dash cam footage
- Analyze police and accident reports
- Hire accident reconstruction specialists
We’ll also work with your doctors, review your medical records, and hire other specialists as needed to support your claim.
Who Was Responsible for My Truck Accident?
To recover damages, you have to prove that the driver, trucking company, or another party was responsible for causing the accident. Any party whose actions contributed to the crash can be liable for your injuries.
Responsible parties may include:
- The trucking company
- Truck brokers
- Truck manufacturers
- Manufacturers of truck parts and components
- Mechanics and inspection companies
- Third-party drivers
- Bicyclists and pedestrians
- Employers of a negligent third party
- Government transportation authorities
Each at-fault party can be held responsible for their proportionate share of the blame.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Truck Accident in Georgia?
The Georgia statute of limitations only gives truck accident victims two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
If you miss that deadline, you won’t be able to recover damages.
Contact an Augusta Truck Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you or a loved one injured in a truck accident? Our lawyers at Hawk Law Group have the experience and resources to help you get the maximum compensation you deserve. Call an experienced Augusta truck accident lawyer to schedule your free initial consultation today.
LOCAL EMERGENCY ROOMS
- University Health Care System Emergency Room – 1350 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30901, United States
- Children’s Hospital of Georgia Emergency Department – 1446 Harper St, Augusta, GA 30912, United States
- Augusta University Medical Center Emergency Room – 1120 15th St, Augusta, GA 30912, United States
- Select Specialty Hospital – Augusta – 1537 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30904, United States
LOCAL PHYSICAL THERAPISTS
- Peak Rehabilitation Fitness & Performance Center – 1305 D’Antignac St, Augusta, GA 30901, United States
- Department of Physical Therapy – 987 St Sebastian Way, Augusta, GA 30912, United States
- Heather S. Davis, PTA – 937 15th St, Augusta, GA 30901, United States
- Sandra E. Capps, PT – 987 Street Sebastian Way, Augusta, GA 30912, United States
What Our Clients Have To Say About Us
Read more of our Google reviews.
Our Personal Injury law firm in Agusta also provides:
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Augusta, GA
- Child Injury Attorneys in Augusta, GA
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Electric Scooter Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Augusta, GA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Augusta, GA
- Product Liability Lawyer in Augusta, GA
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in Augusta, GA
- Taxi Accident Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Uber Accident Attorneys in Augusta, GA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Augusta, GA
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Augusta, GA
Areas We Serve in Augusta, GA
We serve clients in Augusta, North Augusta, Downtown Augusta, Medical District, Forest Hills, Summerville, Murray Hill, Harrisburg, West End, Hammond’s Ferry, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Glendale, Turpin Hill, South Turpin Hill, May Park, Sand Hills, and its surrounding areas.
We also handle injury cases throughout Georgia and South Carolina.