You might be entitled to a substantial monetary award if you or a loved one was recently hurt in an Uber accident in Evans, Georgia. The experienced Evans Uber accident lawyers at Hawk Law Group are ready to help you fight to recover maximum compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering.
At Hawk Law Group, we’re backed by over 71 years of collective legal experience. Our award-winning litigators have recovered tens of millions of dollars in compensation for Georgia injury victims just like you.
Put yourself in the best possible position to recover the compensation you deserve after your Uber accident. Contact our Evans, GA law office at 706-863-6500 to arrange a time for a free, no-obligation case evaluation today.
How Our Evans Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After Your Uber Accident
What caused your Uber accident? Is the rideshare driver at fault, or is someone else to blame? Will Uber pay anything for your injuries and suffering? What happens if someone tries to blame you for getting hurt?
You’ll have to face these questions if you file a personal injury claim for damages after an Uber accident in Evans, Georgia. Don’t expect the Uber driver, rideshare service, or insurance companies to help you get the answers you need.
To win your case, it’s essential that you get the help of an experienced Evans personal injury lawyer.
At Hawk Law Group, we have decades of combined experience going up against the most formidable adversaries, including large rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft. We understand what it will take to get you the results you deserve and are ready to invest whatever time and resources are necessary to make that happen for you.
Focus on getting better. Let us handle every aspect of your personal injury case.
As we work toward a meaningful financial recovery, our team will:
- Coordinate a thorough investigation into your Uber rideshare accident
- Determine who’s at fault and who can be held financially liable for resulting injuries
- Defend you against victim-blaming strategies that could hurt your chances of a full financial recovery
- Bring in respected car accident experts and specialists to provide guidance as we build and assess what your case is worth
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other involved parties on your behalf
- Reject lowball offers and be fully prepared to bring your case to trial if negotiations aren’t successful
We know that you may experience a significant financial strain immediately after your Uber accident. We don’t want money to stand between you and the legal representation you deserve. That’s why our personal injury law firm works on a contingency fee basis. You only pay if we win your Uber accident case.
Give our Evans law office a call to schedule your free consultation and learn more today.
How Do I Recover Compensation After an Uber Accident in Evans, GA?
While you may have the right to recover compensation after an Uber accident in Georgia, knowing how to recover damages can be challenging. Ultimately, liability and the source of compensation will depend on what the Uber driver was doing at the time of the crash.
If the Uber driver was not logged into the Uber app at the time of the accident, they will be personally liable for resulting damages if they were negligent. You’ll have to seek damages from their insurance company or file a personal injury lawsuit directly against the negligent Uber driver.
If the Uber driver was logged into the Uber app and actively waiting for a ride request, Uber has a limited insurance policy that will cover your car accident injuries.
Uber’s limited coverage includes:
- $50,000 in bodily injury protection per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury protection per accident
- $25,000 in property damage protection per accident
If an Uber driver has accepted a ride request, Uber’s $1 million third-party liability policy kicks in. Uber’s million-dollar policy is effective from the moment a ride request is accepted until the passenger is dropped off.
You may also have the option of filing a lawsuit or seeking benefits from a negligent third-party’s insurance company.
Can I Sue Uber After an Accident with an Uber Driver?
Typically, the answer is no. Since Uber drivers are classified as independent contractors, Uber is removed from responsibility when one of its rideshare drivers is negligent and gets into an auto accident. However, every situation is incredibly unique. It’s important to discuss your case and its specific details directly with an experienced car accident attorney in Evans, GA.
What Causes Most Uber Accidents in Evans, GA?
Uber drivers aren’t professionals. They don’t have to undergo formal training or get a special license to drive passengers around Evans, Georgia. So, there’s no guarantee that your Uber driver will safely get you to your destination.
And in truth, a lot of Uber accidents in Evans are the result of Uber driver negligence.
- Uber drivers are more likely than other motorists to be distracted behind the wheel. They can be focused on their GPS, searching for passengers on the side of the road, engaged in conversation with passengers, and focused on navigation. This takes their focus away from traffic and surroundings on the road.
- Uber drivers may be susceptible to fatigue behind the wheel. Often, Uber is a secondary source of income for drivers. Many may have worked long days before getting behind the wheel. Many Ubers operate at night, putting overtired drivers behind the wheel when it’s dark outside.
- Speeding can play a role in Uber accidents because the more rides a driver can complete, the more money they’ll make. So Uber drivers may not be inclined to drive within the speed limit or obey posted traffic signals.
- Some Uber drivers may rely on prescription medication or illegal substances to help them stay awake or do their job. Drugs and alcohol are a leading factor in many car accidents in Evans, including those involving rideshare vehicles.
- Uber drivers use their own personal vehicles to transport passengers in Georgia. If those vehicles aren’t properly maintained, malfunctions can contribute to Uber accidents.
Other leading causes of Uber accidents include road defects, road construction, road rage, inclement weather, and vehicle defects.
Can I Get Compensation If I’m Blamed For an Uber Crash in Georgia?
Yes, as long as you share less than half of the blame for the rideshare accident. Georgia is one of a few states to operate under a modified comparative negligence system with a 50% bar to recovery. Damages are reduced based on your own negligence. However, financial recovery is prohibited once you are assigned 50% or more fault.
This means you could have a case valued at $1 million but only recover $800,000 if you’re 20% at fault.
What Damages Can Be Awarded to Rideshare Car Accident Victims in Evans, Georgia?
Rideshare accident victims in Georgia can potentially recover compensation for both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are paid to offset the monetary costs of a rideshare accident, while non-economic damages make up for things like pain and suffering.
Our award-winning Evans personal injury attorneys will aggressively pursue compensation for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Chronic physical pain
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Other out-of-pocket costs
If a negligent Uber driver or another third party displayed a clear disregard for your safety or hurt you intentionally, punitive damages might also apply to your case.
We’ll Help You Fight to Maximize Your Financial Recovery For All of Your Uber Accident Injuries
At Hawk Law Group, we represent clients who have been in an Uber accident and sustained:
- Broken bones
- Crushing injury
- Chest injury
- Nerve injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of limbs
- Trauma to the eyes and face
- Hearing and vision loss
- Internal injuries
- Burn injury
- Wrongful death of a loved one
- And more
Get to the hospital or seek medical treatment as soon as you can after your Uber car accident in Evans. Once you’ve received care, don’t hesitate to contact our law office to arrange a free consultation with a member of our respected team.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After My Georgia Uber Accident?
Georgia has a two-year statute of limitations that applies to most car accident cases, including those involving Uber rideshare vehicles. If you let too much time go by, you will give up the right to demand accountability and recover compensation for your losses.
Our Trusted Evans Uber Accident Lawyers Are Ready to Fight For You
Have you recently been involved in an Uber accident in Evans, GA? Contact Hawk Law Group for assistance with your personal injury claim for damages. Our Evans Uber accident attorneys will help you work toward a full and meaningful financial recovery.
Don’t just level the playing field; give yourself the edge you need to win. Get over 71 years of combined experience and a team that’s won tens of millions of dollars in your corner. We offer a free case evaluation, so reach out to our Evans legal team to arrange a time for yours now.